Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sixteen Candles


Everyone has that "one" movie. The movie that symbolizes your youth. The one movie that stuck with you. That you know all the lines to. That is dear to you, because it changed you during a time of puberty and awkwardness.  I remember my Best Friends and I (Xazmin) would watch it over and over. We once set on the school bus and resided the scene where farmer Ted gets the balls to hit on her. We didn't get any of the lines wrong. I mean, how could we? we spent everyday after School watching it. Who could forget that closing scene, where Samantha and Jake are sitting on the table. The Birthday cake. The candles. Her dress. They start to lean in for a kiss, and this song comes on! UGH, It kills me softly, every time.  I know this movie like the back of my hand. Jake Ryan will never know how in  love with him I was. And I guess I still am. You never truly stop loving your first love.

Here is to my favorite movie of all time. Thanks you John Hughes!

Long Duck Dong- No more yanky my wanky, the donger need food!

1 comment:

  1. It was great hanging at the Unkle show. I thought I would stop over at your blog,then I saw this great post about one of my fav movies too.

    This is a cover of the If You Were Here I did with my roomate 4 or years ago. I think this was the first time I ever sang. :) Enjoy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V43xeHLaWJs

    ReplyDelete