Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Voodoo Darlings Present: Ghouls! Ghouls! Ghouls!


The Voodoo Darlings show last Friday was one of my favorite shows so far. I'm so proud to be apart of this group. These people I get to work with are so talented and fun. I'm also so proud to entertain this little city of ours. I feel that there are not enough things like this going on. We sold out. We usually do, which proves that people dig this.

Jen (the voodoo darlings creator) assign me the comedic number of the show. My number was to Ghostbuster. I came in from the back of the theater, spot light on me, as the Ghostbusters theme song starting playing. I had my 3 ghost in the audience. I then was running through the theater trying to Ghost Bust (if you will), I pulled my 3 ghost on stage. Realized my Ghost blasting gun was no good. I then realized that my power came in the form of a strip tease. I did this number completely unrehearsed. I killed it. It was awesome, I had too much fun! I live for this shit.

When it was over, and we were all on stage, bowing, we were each handed a flower. At that point everyone from the audience was free to come up and take pictures. I took a couple with my fellow Darlings. I then slipped away from the crowed. Got my bag. Put on my vintage sequence jacket. Grabbed my curtain call flowers. Walked out, under the radar. Fulfilled. Proud. Alone. And okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment