Friday, November 12, 2010

Holding Hands


Holding hands. Remember that? What 2 kids would do to show affection for one another. At one point as a young girl, that was all I would do with boys to show them I liked them. Shortly after, I discovered mind games and BJ's. Somewhere along the way hand holding got lost. There was kissing and there was sex, but holding hands was a long lost missing friend. Something happened to the art of holding hands. I never really realized how long it has been since someone held my hand, until he held my had. Jeepers, I missed it. It's a form of connecting that can be just as intimate and sexy as a kiss or, as erotic as sex. And yet, it's set apart by innocence, and sweetness.

My friend (Kate) who I've now been talking to on a daily basis about solving the great mystery of life (Men). When I brought up this topic, she also said that holding hands makes us feel protected. I couldn't agree more with that. There is nothing like a Mans Manly hand holding yours, leading you and protecting you. Kate and I were also talking about how we both agree that Men are stupid and Women are crazy. We make them stupid and they us make us crazy.

I guess stupid and crazy go hand in hand.

"Hand-holding is the one aspect that's not been affected by the sexual revolution,"- Dalton Conley

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you again for all your Wonderful posts! I have been out of touch with the world and a little closed up in some hole and I just caught up on all your posts today and came up for a breath of fresh air and lots of wonderful things to think about. With all my heart, Thank you cute girl!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you Michelle. This is really nice to hear. If I helped in anyway to peek your head out of that whole (that we ALL seem to get in sometimes) then it makes me very happy.

    Big hug :)

    ReplyDelete