Friday, November 23, 2012

Blood Orange



The project of Dev Hynes, is killing me softly at the moment. The British composer, songwriter, producer, artist and author, who has written for artists such as Florence and the Machine, Diana Vickers and The Chemical Brothers, is now in front of the limelight. The limelight that he has helped other artist get in front of. I have really enjoyed seeing these producers and song writers as their own artist.

The album Coastal Grooves is a stylish album, that will make you want to wear something slinky while partaking. And you males, will be booty texting your little thumbs off. It's seductive and will leave you wondering what took over you for the duration of the album. Taking its influence from the after-hours environment of New York City in the ’80s. Blood Orange does a great job of taking you on a journey. Slinky dress and all.



1 comment:

  1. I found this blog while looking for info on the chill Frank Ocean. Glad I found this.. I've enjoyed reading your blog; you have such an artistic soul. Love the way you write what you think. My words are stick figures compared to your Warhol-esk words!! Congrats on the ugly music guru gig! Quick question... have you listened to, or are you a fan of Lana Del Rey? She's kinda different for me. While I love music (and art) more than anything, her music hits my mind in a spot like no other. It's a sound you need to listen to on a long road trip by yourself... in complete silence while in deep thought. Read one of your posts where you just got done with a relationship... like my boy Tupac said, "behind every dark night, there's a bright day to follow." Keep scribbling your words down for us to read. Take care and enjoy the day!! - Libra

    ReplyDelete