Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Scarlett O'Boy

Christmas day. A day where I usually get left behind as my son goes on his journey to the "other side" of his family. And staying true to my own Christmas tradition, of remaining single during the holidays. I am home writing, and watching Gone With The Wind.

I don't know why it has taken me so long to watch this movie. I mean, it's only suppose to me the best movie of ALL time. I'm not sure if it's one of those movies that I was afraid of watching, fearing it would take it off the pedestal that the world has put it on. I might have even been afraid to see it. Maybe even a little timid. Hell, I've owned the movie for 4 years. In fact, I bought it 4 Christmases ago. It's remained in the back of my DVD collection, unwrapped, unwatched and collecting dust.


Until today...



I could not help but relate to Scarlett. Tragic little lady. Feisty little thing. Even though I have never paraded around in a huge early 19th century dress, or spoke in that fast old movie female voice...I have, however. been just as dramatic as Miss O'Hara.  Crying fits, and confessing my love to the wrong man.   I couldn't help but wonder if I have walked around most of my adult life with that grimed Scarlett O'Hara troubled look on my face. 



Or...
achieving to reveal my dark side...




But at the same time, I couldn't understand her..

Here was this man. Who manhandled her and adored her. And she was a bitch...
Pushed him away. Said mean things.


Just to realize that I truly DID relate.
I don't quite understand myself.

The old movie embrace. 
What all women look forward to as little girls.
The man who kisses you with such passion.
The man who could and would only love you.




Even though Scarlett was far much more of a badass then I expected.
She helped birth a child.
She shot a Yankee dead in the face.


But never knowing what she had... until he frankly didn't give a damn!



Like Scarlett O'Hara...life too, is a bitch.

And of course the last line in the movie. Spoken like a true irrational-confused-emotional, and at times crazy woman....

"I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all... tomorrow is another day."


2 comments:

  1. Great post.. Amazing talented women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIKE A STORYBOOK ENDING♡, I'M LOST IN YOUR CHARMS, and I COULD WALTZ ACROSS TEXAS WITH YOU!

    ReplyDelete