Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love, Love Me Do.



Love, oh yes. That 4 letter word that makes the world turn. Gives us hope. Makes us feel all giddy. Makes us feel high. Scientists are finding that, after all, love really is down to a chemical addiction between people.

Remember how I couldn't talk about how I was feeling last week? I can now (and no I'm not drunk...yet). I felt that I connected with someone. I had a great time with this person. I felt those little feelings again, that I had not felt in so long. Then, nothing happened. It died, before it even started. I have been left asking questions. Wondering what I did. Replaying everything in my head, trying to find clues as to why it died. It was great (to me, obviously). My friends are sick of me talking about it. Hell, I'm sick of talking about it (well, obviously not).

I had a moment of clarity and logic (which is rare for me) where it hit me hard. I realized that it wasn't "Him" that I desired. let's face it, you don't know the person enough after 2 dates. It was the feeling I felt while I was with him. The affection. The touching. The kissing. The intimacy. I'm addicted to those FEELINGS. Not HIM. I love, LOVE! I'm in love with being in love.

The part that now I have been trying to figure out is, how many of these relationships that I have been in have really been love, and how many of them was the guy providing those feelings that I love. Supplying the drug, if you will. Interesting, right? I know, I know. Trust me, I KNOOOOOW!



Unfortunately, these chemical effects only last for a period of 18 months to four years (the honeymoon period). After that, there are other chemicals that take over in terms of a couple’s relationship. These chemicals are called oxytocin and endorphins. In other words, you end up with your Best friend, and someone who makes you better, or, realize this person's drug just isn't getting you high anymore.

NEXT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment