Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh, Edward


Edward Scissorhands came out when I was in 8th grade, in 1990 (The same grade that my Son is in and we both technically saw it for the first time tonight), well, I remember seeing it one time back in the day. This fairy tale got lost in the shuffle of movies that I claim I grew up with. Why I have let this one slip by me? I will never know. This movie got to me, to the point that I was sobbing. EJ didn't know whether to laugh or hug me (he did both). I don't think I have ever seen such an endearing character in my life. Those eyes. The innocence. I wanted to just hug him. I simply fell in love tonight. Johnny Depp is such a brilliant actor, isn't he? Such a lovely Man. And nobody does it better than Tim Burton.

I don't mean to be that person that gives away the ending... almost 21 years later (Wowsers). He's alone. In that cold castle. Making ice sculptures. Without her. Without love. Forever. Can you imagine? Ugh, my heart still hurts. It got me good.

I will bask in my ovarian driven tears tonight. 
Oh, Edward.
*Sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment