Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm getting too old for a lot of things but I'm not too old for a baggy pair of sweats and my boyfriend's T-shirt, I'm not too old for wine in a paper cup and a Marlboro every once in a while, I'm not too old for Peter Pan, I'm not too old for my favorite pillow or to lay in bed all day trying to get this story out of my skin, trying to burn it through the paper I wrote this on and leave my thumb prints hanging from each corner, I'm not too old to ride around with my windows down with Simon and Garfunkel blasting because that is the way Simon and Garfunkel should be played. I'm not too old to jump on my bed and refuse to wash my hair, to play dress up and blow bubbles with my gum, I'm not too old to run around bare foot with a smile stuck on my face even when times are hard, I'm not too old to cry over boys, I'm not too old to get out of here, I'm not too old to write love notes on napkins, to make every feeling an experience, to make mistakes, to write poetry, to exchange a thousand awkward words with people I just met, to do things I have never done, to fail miserably time over time, I'm not too old to change things and I'm not too old to fuck up and never ever ever give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment