Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex And The City


I was one of those freaks who went and saw this movie on opening night. This is one of the few times that you will find me in a dress and heels at a movie theater. So, here is my 2 cents on the movie and I may even throw in an extra cent for shits and giggles. I think the Allure of this movie is that it's set in NY. They took the 4 ladies out of the city and stuck them in the Middle East for about 2 hours of this 3 hour movie. They failed in that way (my opinion) and in a lot of ways, actually. Any movie that starts with an appearance by Liza Minnelli singing "Put a ring on it" in the first 10 min, there is a good chance it's down hill from there. Everyone knows Liza is a closing act, never an opener (duh).

I didn't see Samantha's boobs, which had me disappointed. What I did see was nice tight bare asses, belonging to Men who were doing Samantha, so that was cool. Some of the fashion I loved and some looked like something out of the Birdcage (The awesome Movie with Nathan lane..where he plays a drag queen, get my drift?). Over all, it was entertaining. Always a good amount of wittiness and a fair amount of laugh out loud parts. Mr Big gives me the coochie tingle and I enjoy him and that, very much. But, there is a reason it has not gotten good reviews. I may have to revert back to my season box sets to remember why I fell in love with this show.

I give Sex And The City one thumbs up.. and one slightly up my ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment