Thursday, March 25, 2010

En El Muelle De San Blas

My Aunt Sandra (my Moms Sister) My cuz Cynthia, My cuz Erick, Mi Abis, Me (with my curly Shirley Temple hair) and my Brother Enrique.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about these people. I seem to rant and rave a lot about how proud I am to have this blood pumping threw me. There is also not a day that goes by that I'm not true to my blood, whether it's speaking Spanish at any chance I'm given, to my family or at the waiter at the Mexican restaurants (anywhere), or they fact that I love any kind of hot sauce on most everything and I will always be the one at the table to ask for the Tabasco. I love mi cafe y pan en la noche, just like my Abu. I will always hug you when I meet you. I'm loud when I'm passionately telling you something and at times can be mistaken for an argument but when you hear me laughing you'll know, that wasn't the case. It truly is a culture thing. I took my first breath in Mexico, my first steps, my first words and everything I learned up until the age of 9 was all in Spanish and unbelievably beautiful.

There is a handful of things that can make me emotional when I speak or think of them, this is one. I'm so proud of who I am and the wonderful people that raised me and loved me. My Grandparents were unbelievable. I'm so lucky, I love my blood and even though at times it's heavy and feisty and I feel like that Tabasco is in my veins...that's just who I will always be, feisty, passionate and sometimes completely irrational and crazy. I love deep and hard and the people that I love will always be taken care of, with attentiveness or the fact that I'm very affectionate. You'll spend a lot of time wiping kisses off..or asking for them (I get all that from my Abis, for sure)

Si No Lo Sabes. Ya Lo Sabes.

No comments:

Post a Comment