Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Schindler's List

As one of EJ's homework assignments for his history class, he was assigned to watch a movie/documentary on the Holocaust. We put on our comfies, and watched Schindler's list. I warned EJ that what he was about to watch was going to be a bit emotional and rough. Mind you, I saw the movie 2 years before EJ was born. I remembered the effect it had on me. I have always told myself that I would never watch the movies that effected me so sadly twice. That promise was also kept with the Titanic, which until this day I have only seen one time. Almost 16 years later, this movie had the same effect on me, that it did the first time. I couldn't stop sobbing. This movie and story touches me deeply, and is very personal to me. My biological Father is Jewish (hence my big schnos).  I very much have this blood in me. There's so much history about my Family that I don't know.

This movies is just as hard to believe as the far fetch big blockbuster hits that Will Smith comes out with once a year. The fact that 6 million Jews died in the course of 6 years, is heart-sickning, to the point that it just seems so unnaturally unreal. But the difference between those movies we partake in to escape reality, is that this was reality. Hell on earth, to be honest. I don't know how humans, who breath and feel and have blood pumping through their hearts could do something do this diabolical degree. It fills my heart with such sorrow. I weep.


Oskar Schindler (as seen in this picture with hiswife) was a Nazi. A good Nazi? This is the true story of one remarkable man who outwitted Hitler and the Nazis to save more Jews from the gas chambers than any other during World War II. Schindler surfaced from the chaos of madness, spent millions bribing and paying off the SS and eventually risked his life to rescue the Schindler Jews. Oskar Schindler rose to the highest level of humanity, walked through the bloody mud of the Holocaust without soiling his soul, his compassion, his respect for human life, and gave his Jews a second chance at life. He miraculously managed to do it and pulled it off by using the very same talents that made him a war profiteer, his flair for presentation, bribery, and grand gestures.



Amon Goeth on the hand.. GUILTY of murdering tens of thousands of people. He was gloriously hung like the pig he was. Burn in hell, you Nazi devil-ish Scheiß (I think that's a bad word in German).



Schindler died on October 9, 1974. He wanted to be buried in Jerusalem. 
As he said- "My children are here"



After the movie (and still crying),  EJ had this to say.
Don't worry, I may never stop laughing at this.
Tickled I got it on film.


No comments:

Post a Comment